Smart Electric Grid, LLC provides robust system monitoring technology for smart grids
Smart Electric Grid, LLC (SEG) aims to provide the most advanced system monitoring technology for smart grids. Since 2013 SEG has been supported by National Science Foundation SBIR program to develop robust state estimator for smart grids.
With the support of NSF SBIR program, Non-Divergent State Estimator (NDSE), capable of providing a feasible voltage solution once the system is solvable, was developed at SEG in 2020. NDSE is a static AC power system state estimator which can not only guarantee a feasible solution but also a more accurate solution.
NDSE has solved the divergence problem of state estimator which has stumped experts for 50 years
An ideal offline suplement tool
NDSE is an ideal offline supplement tool for power companies who are willing to improve the levels of robustness and data accuracy of daily operations.
The PROMISES of NDSE:
1) Save the cost of engineers to manually fix the divergence problem of your state estimators.
2) No worries about reporting the divergence of your state estimators to NERC (a fine may be imposed to your company if the divergence is severe).
3) No worries about the divergence of your post power flow analysis.
4) Reduce 45% the loss of your EMS.
5) Largely improve the data quality (especially the reactive power and voltage magnitudes) in your daily operations.
6) Help detect the bad data which cause the divergence of your state estimator, and provide accurate true values of the contaminated measurements.