Smart Electric Grid, LLC (SEG) aims to provide the cutting-edge system monitoring technology for smart grids. Since 2013 SEG has been supported by National Science Foundation SBIR program to develop robust state estimator for power grids. A series of robust monitoring techniques have been developed by Smart Electric Grid, LLC through these NSF projects. The Non-Divergent State Estimator (NDSE), which solves the long-lasting divergence problem suffered by the existing state estimators in the market, is capable of providing a feasible voltage solution under any circumstances for power utility companies. NDSE is a state estimator which can avoid the crashes of system monitoring.
The goal of the company is to significantly improve the security, reliability, and data accuracy of power grids via the provision of robust state estimators and the related solutions. A series of new products have been developed based on a revolutionary system monitoring techniques recently invented and patented at Smart Electric Grid, LLC. The new products include:
1) Non-Divergent State Estimator
2) Topology Error Detector
The BENEFITS the customers can obtain from our NDSE:
1) Save the cost of engineers to fix the divergence problem of their state estimators.
2) No worries about reporting the divergence of their state estimators to NERC.
3) No worries about the divergence of their post power flow analysis.
4) Reduce 45% the loss of their EMS.
5) Largely improve the data quality (especially the reactive power and voltage magnitudes) of their daily power system operations.
6) Help detect the bad data which cause the divergence of their state estimator.