Smart Electric Grid, LLC provides emerging robust system monitoring technology for smart grids
SE+ or SEPlus has solved the divergence problem from which state estimators have been suffering for more than 50 years
Smart Electric Grid, LLC (SEG) aims to provide the most advanced system monitoring technology for smart grids. Since 2013 SEG has been supported by National Science Foundation SBIR program to develop robust state estimator for smart grids. An Accurate Non-Divergent State Estimator (SE+ or SEPlus) was developed in 2020.
SE+ or SEPlus is more accurate than WLS based state estimator because SE+ is able to effectively reject all types of bad data
With the support of NSF SBIR program, Accurate Non-Divergent State Estimator (SE+ or SEPlus), capable of providing a feasible voltage solution once the system is observable, was developed at SEG in 2020. SE+ is a static AC power system state estimator which can not only guarantee a feasible solution but also a more accurate solution.
An ideal offline backup state estimator
SE+ is an ideal offline backup state estimator for power companies to improve the levels of robustness and data accuracy of daily operations.
The Benefits of SE+ or SEPlus:
1) Insensitive to Topology errors, Parameter errors, and Measurement errors which can provide a more accurate solution.
2) Capable of accurately recovering the Ture values of bad data which can keep your data clean.
3) Leverage Point Does Not exist for SE+ which make accurate bad data detection possible.
4) 100% convergence once the system is observable which relieves your headache of reporting big failures (SE diverges) to NERC.
5) The cutting-edge technology can be used in power transmission network SE, power distribution network SE, linear SE, as well as dynamic SE.