Smart Electric Grid, LLC provides robust system monitoring technology for smart grids
Smart Electric Grid, LLC (SEG) aims to provide the cutting-edge system monitoring technology for smart grids. Since 2013 SEG has been supported by National Science Foundation SBIR program to develop robust state estimator for smart grids. A series of novel and robust monitoring techniques have been developed by Smart Electric Grid, LLC through these NSF projects.
Non-Divergent State Estimator (NDSE) which has been recently developed at SEG is capable of providing a feasible voltage solution under any circumstances for power utility companies. NDSE is a state estimator which can avoid the crashes of system monitoring.
NDSE has solved the divergence problem of state estimator which has stumped experts for 50 years
The goal of our company is to significantly improve the security, reliability, and data accuracy of smart grids via the provision of robust state estimators and the related technologies. A series of new products have been developed based on a revolutionary system monitoring techniques recently invented and patented at Smart Electric Grid, LLC. The new products include:
1) Non-Divergent State Estimator
2) Topology Error Detector
The BENEFITS our NDSE can provide:
1) Save the cost of engineers to manually fix the divergence problem of their state estimators.
2) No worries about reporting the divergence of their state estimators to NERC (a penalty may be given if the divergence is severe).
3) No worries about the divergence of their post power flow analysis.
4) Reduce 45% the loss of their EMS.
5) Largely improve the data quality (especially the reactive power and voltage magnitudes) in their daily power system operations.
6) Help detect the bad data which cause the divergence of their state estimator, and provide accurate true values of the contaminated measurements.